Yes, because they have more yellow when activated, brown lenses will filter more blue light but the difference is only a few percentage points. You should recommend your patients choose the Transitions® lens color that best fits their personal style preference.
Articles in this section
- What is blue light?
- Is blue light harmful?
- Where is harmful blue light found?
- How do I integrate Transitions® lenses messaging on harmful blue light into my materials?
- How much blue light does Transitions® Signature® lenses help protect against?
- How much blue light does Transitions® XTRActive® lenses help protect against?
- How much blue light does Transitions® Vantage® lenses help protect against?
- Is there difference in blue light protection among different colors of Transitions® lenses?
- How do Transitions® lenses perform vs other blue filtering solutions available on the market?
- How are the blue light filtering properties of Transitions® lenses measured?